Alright, this post is mostly for restaurant employees, but anybody can take advantage of it.
For anyone who wants to use virtual events to raise money to support their employees, EveryEventGives will waive its fee. We still need to collect the 3% to cover cards and PayPal, but we will 100% waive our fee of 99 cents plus 2.5% per ticket sold.
Restaurants and their employees are already some of the hardest hit with the economic impact of the Coronavirus, so that is why we are thinking about them. Also, one of our customers is raising thousands of dollars for their employees doing this, and that gave us the idea in the first place.
Many/most restaurants have excellent resources to make this work.
- Restaurants have a base of customers.
- Restaurants often have customer email addresses (for newsletters and whatever).
- Their customers know how tough it is for restaurant employees, and they are used to interacting with them and supporting them with tips.
So, restaurants are in a great position to create virtual events that allow them to raise money for their employees who are probably mostly making no money at all right now.
The whole idea is very simple:
- Create a virtual event page (this should take about 15 minutes. This is an opportunity to share information with the page and give people a chance to donate; you. do not actually have to spend time any kind of event.
- Post the event on your social media and send it out to your supporters.
- Collect the money and distribute it to your employees in whatever way makes the most sense for you.
Set the end date out for the event as far out as you want and EveryEventGives can distribute your money at the end of each week.
Here is an example of a virtual event to raise money using EveryEventGives — https://everyeventgives.com/event/thehomies/
Once you have your event, you can share it with your customers and it is just about certain that some of them will choose to contribute. Then you can distribute funds to your team in whatever way is appropriate.
Let us know if you have any questions, or if you need help setting up and event. EveryEventGives is happy to waive our fee for this, and we hope it helps.
Good luck as we all work through some difficult times!